PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER – 30/10/2019
We are looking for a new Product Development Engineer to join our team !
• Full time permanent position, based at Synecco’s head office in Galway
• Reporting to the Senior Product Development Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support projects, both internally and on behalf of clients.
• As part of the design team, the candidate will be expected to work closely with, and manage both internal and external specialists to progress projects through to completion.
• Work within a multidisciplinary team on diverse projects.
• Manage prototyping activity within the project.
• Resolve design, testing and manufacturing issues as they arise – using appropriate mathematic theory and FEA/simulation analysis.
• Continuously monitor project performance against scope, timing, budget, risk and report variance to contract.
• Prepare reports/documentation to communicate status and results internally and to customers.
• Compile full product specification packages for Production Release (component drawings, inspection criteria, material specs, work instructions, packaging specs etc.)
• Ensure that documentation such as product development, manufacturing process and test specifications /procedures are completed in compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements.
• Complete process development activities such as tolerance development to ensure robust function and process capability.
• Liaise with manufacturing function to ensure manufacturability of products.
• Analyse data and problem solve using six sigma tools.
• Participate in PR and Sales support activity as required.
• Participate in the development of Design Verification Test protocols and reports
Skills & Qualifications:
• Level 8 degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline.
• 1-3 years engineering experience in medical device or other highly regulated environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and motivated
• Results driven and able to deliver
• High energy with the adaptability and flexibility to deal with continuous change and innovation